Zeta Tau Alpha is based on core values and rituals that bind our sisters to one another and form the chain linking our chapters. We celebrate these values during National Ritual Celebration Week, March 3-9, 2013. We encourage chapters to set aside time during this week to reflect on the importance of our rituals and to explore how we might live out the values they teach each day.
We hope individuals and chapters will use the provided resources to commemorate the ties that binds us all in sisterhood.
If National Ritual Celebration Week occurs over your school’s Spring Break, please observe it later in March!
Ways to Celebrate:
- Wear your ZTA badge on International Badge Day, March 4. We want to make a Facebook album of our members wearing their badges on Badge Day. Share a picture with us in one of these ways:
- Conduct one of the provided activities (below) with your collegiate or alumnae chapter during (or near) National Ritual Celebration Week. These are quick, fun and meaningful activities to reflect on the Ritual and values of ZTA.
- Conduct the Rededication Ritual during National Ritual Celebration Week. This is a great way to review the five core values and symbols of ZTA. (If you do Initiation this semester, conduct the "Cool Symbols, What Do They Mean Activity" instead).
- Write social media posts to reflect on the values of ZTA, prompting others to reflect as well. (Be careful NOT to share ZTA ritual information via social media!)
- Change your Facebook cover photo to the image below (top) and your other social media profile pictures to the image below (bottom).
This year, we've added two new videos for you to watch as you reflect during National Ritual Celebration week.
Click the picture below to watch a video showing the relevance of The Creed throughout ZTA's history, read by its author, Shirley Kreasan Strout.
Watch the Reflect Values in Action Video below and view the Facilitation Guide
to start a conversation on using your values as your guide.
Suggested Activities To Use With Your Chapter:
Conduct a workshop contained in Today & Forever: Living Our Values—a resource for continued values-based education. Workshops include:
- Bringing the Creed to Life
- Cool Symbols, What Do They Mean to Me?: Discussion of the Ritual Equipment, Symbols and Meaning
- Evaluating the Role of Ritual
- Ritual, Sisterhood, Party?
- Values Congruence
- What Affects Our Personal Values?: People and Experiences that Shape Our Lives
- You Are Always Wearing ZTA Letters
- ZTA Ritual: Just a Book or a Living Thing?
Facilitation guides, activities and worksheets for Today & Forever: Living Our Values
can be found here
Additional Activities To Use With Your Chapter:
Phi Mu introduced National Ritual Celebration Week in 2011 to raise awareness of the importance of ritual and allow collegiate and alumnae members to reflect on the ritual. Click here
to learn more and view additional resources for Ritual Celebration week.